Lévénement and Nielsen have developed the first global valuation tool for events: The Event Impact Score
With the objective of better measuring the efficiency of events in mind, Nielsen (global information, data and measurement company) and Lévénement (association that represents major French events agencies) have partnered to go a step beyond and to create the first global valuation tool for events: The Event Impact Score.
The event industry is worth several billions each year no matter what country we live in. It has become crucial to measure and to quantify the impact of events, so that corporate decision makers can see the associated benefits.
To do so, Nielsen has leveraged its expertise in media and consumption market research to make this new tool the most efficient on the market :
- Applicable to any kind of event (depending on size of event and type of audience – B2B, B2C, internal corporate event)
- Based on 3 measurement blocks (audience perception, digital resonance, media exposure valuation)
- With the ultimate objective to transform detailed results into one single “score” in order to compare events to each other
“We wanted to give the industry a credible tool that would allow to measure the value of event and to translate it into metrics. In this way, top management will better understand what events can bring to their communication strategy” said Arnaud Peyroles and Thomas Deloubriere, administrators of Lévénement, who have launched the project along with Nielsen.
“The need expressed by Lévénement to have a measurement tool to seize the efficiency of any kind of event shows that communication and marketing department are under transformation. This transformation puts data and insights at the heart of corporate decision making” explain Raphaël Proult, Media Business Unit France Director at Nielsen, and Pierre-Emmanuel Davin, Managing Director France at Nielsen Sports & Entertainment.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS - THE EVENT IMPACT SCORE
- Measures the impact of a given event for the event itself or for a partnering brand
- Captures the 3 key dimensions of an event: audience perception, digital resonance, media exposure valuation
- Can be applicable to any kind of event (depending on size of event and type of audience – B2B, B2C, internal corporate event)
- Will allow to compare events to each other in order to assess their respective performance
Price sheet: depending on characteristics of your event – upon request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.